Thursday, July 21, 2016

Things Keep Getting Better and Better!

My MTC District...all going to Rome!
Anziano Vance, Anziano Jackson, Anziano Bolton, Me, Anziano Morrill, Anziano Gunnell
Sorella Walch, Sorella Taylor
Dear Family,

I don't know how but the weeks keep on getting more and more amazing!!  P-day is amazing because I get to remember all the great things that have happened up until now!  First off, we finished teaching our investigator Chiara after 5 lessons and evaluated how well we did.  Anziano Bolton and I really improved this week.  We began teaching Edith and Gabriella the next week, and the Holy Ghost has been with us every step of the way. Yesterday we went to TRC where you practice teaching lessons in Italian to members. We taught to two members who both were so strong in their testimonies that I thought I was learning from them and they were teaching.  Anziano Bolton is the best and always knows the right questions to ask to get to know their needs! We had devotional review after Tuesday and it was amazing to hear him say that this district was meant to be.  That me and him are completely opposite in our personalities and yet we are perfect together, helping each other in different aspects of our lives and missionary work. 

Luckily, we are getting a lot better at our Italian and have met our district and zone goals for mastering Italian so far.  Our district also has grown so much closer as we talk and share our spiritual experiences and continue to make mistakes in our Italian.  Latin is pretty similar with some of the words but the pronunciation and actual speaking of it is what I mostly need to practice (like how to have an actual conversation in it).  We always mess up in a lesson ( "woman of the Holy Ghost instead of gift of the holy ghost" or pray to receive flowers instead of pray out loud to receive answers).  But the Spirit makes up for it all!


Also, Elder Bednar came to our Sunday Devotional!!  It was so cool!  After our choir practice, the devotional began with us watching the "Character of Christ," a famous Bednar MTC devotional and so I thought that there was no speaker for tonight.  But then after it ended, everyone stood up and I realized that Elder Bednar was on the stand!  He wanted to answer our questions about anything related to tonight and the mission field.  I definitely got some answers from him.  It made the night so much more special, especially since I was beginning to feel sick.  Luckily, I feel fully recovered now and only had a sort of hard day on Monday.  Also on Sunday I taught a lesson in priesthood.  I was nervous at first since President Taylor was also in the classroom with us but I just taught and bore my testimony and it was a super great discussion.  I mostly lead it on the Anti-Nephi-Lehies and how they were so firm in the faith and remained converted when almost all the Nephites had fallen into iniquity during the time of Samuel the Lamanite.  I traced the origin of their faith back to when Aaron taught the King of the Lamanites, which really showed the importance of missionary work, especially in teaching only one person.  Overall, I have received countless impressions from the Spirit that we are sent to teach one person in particular that will shape the world.  Later I was reminded by someone that Abinadi would actual have started that train of conversion since Abinadi testified and posthumously converted Alma which later lead to the sons of Mosiah and Alma the Younger to having their miraculous conversion.  Just one person lead the the conversion of thousands of people. 


On Tuesday, Elder Don R. Clarke spoke about how exact obedience is necessary, how we should always rely on the Holy Ghost, and to never fear the world for the Lord is on our side.  His words were super touching and powerful, making me want to be the best missionary I can by having the Spirit with me constantly and never giving up.  He told a story where an Italian missionary went to England where Italians were hated at the time and in a mission where you only baptize on average 2, he baptized 100!! I know that the Spirit guides us even when we don't know.  Elder Bednar is the best when it comes to missionary work because he shared another story in another MTC devotional about Elder Packer being Germany and giving him 20 something in German money. I challenge you to read that story and ponder on what it truly means.  The scripture that defined this week to me was Matt. 10:21-22 or something, where it says I give you the knowledge in the very hour that you need. I have seen that as we bore testimony and taught in our lessons.  I miss you guys dearly but honestly I try to keep my mind focused on the Lord and not think too hard about life at home.  Always tell me what's happening but I love it even more when you bear testimony and share those stories. 

Io so che queste cose e vero, e Gesu Cristo e mio Salvatore! Io so che lo Spirito Santo e reale e il Padre Celeste ci ama e conosca ci. 

Voglio bene!

Anziano Price

P.S.  Sorry I can't email everyone, I only get an hour to email. Btw, Mrs. Taylor's class sounds super awesome!  Tell everyone to write and email!)



Also this is Chiara, our teacher now. She's amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment