Thursday, July 28, 2016

Another Great Week!

July 28, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

This truly has been another great week. I have grown incredibly. My teacher, Sorella Bucco, pointed out that we can always reach a higher potential in our lives especially in missionay work and that it isn't necessarily about reaching the goal but striving to do our best because that is what the Lord wants from us. 

I loved receiving packages from my family this week as well as a very nice letter from the Moore Family that I found very touching. Some fun things from the week were that we have become a whole lot more musical as we are learning Italian like making up songs like "tutte le donne sole", "It's beginning to look a lot like P-day,", and my personal favorite
"Manga Banana". We also found out that batman means uomo di pipistrello which is a whole lot less intimidating. Also some fun misakes we have heard in our distict are "Jesus is my son" instead of brother, and "Joseph smith atoned for our sins" rather than Jesus Christ. We have also decided to be more obedient in our langauge by eliminating out slang like "dude" or jus calling someone by a last name instead of Elder or Sister. 

Anyway, Italian is really catching on I think. The conversations Anziano Bolton and I have with our investigators are becoming more fluent as we begin to learn more and more tenses for our verbs so now we actualy make slightly more sense. We also have begun too memorize all of D+C 4 in Italian too! But actually in the MTC  I find we focus a whole lot more on how to teach rather than the language that we teach in. I have had some great spiritual experiences and I hope to continue to apply what I am learning to my mission as well as to the investigators I am teaching right now. 

I have taken the advice of one devotional with Don R. Clarke and have begun keeping a spritual revelation journal so I know what to improve on and have memory of those sweet experiences where the Spirit guides me perfectly in understanding another one of our heavenly brothers and sisters. I have also taken up Elder Bednar's advice and to read the Book of Mormon all the way through and only highlight a concept in it that I am strivng to learn like Faith or Repentence. For me, I am beginning like Elder Bednar with understanding the Character of Christ as well as the opposite of it because I feel it is what I most need for my mission. I have been praying constantly for the guidance of the Holy Ghost in how I can increase  my capacity to love my companion, and district more. What I have begun to really found is that it centers on serving others and being a light for others. Christ is often refered to as The Light (3rd Nephi 11-19). Light permanently shines outward from the source and cannot shine inward or else it would cease to be light. therefore, I am striving to shine forth and share the gospel, the joy and love that exists and follow my Savior by serving others (Alma 34:28)

Sunday was really amazing because Pioneer Day is a very big holiday in Utah. So as apart of a 1500 missionary choir, we sang with the Nashville Tribute Band. It was perfect! It was so touching to hear tributes to pioneers, missionaries, and especially to Jesus Christ and sing with them too. I began to tear up when they sang about the hardest thing we ever loved to do was say goodbye to your mom and serve this mission. But I can testify that is the best thing I will do as a young man. I am learning so much through the scriptures to strive for that selfless love of Christ and serve and sacrifice. I heard a great experience from Elder Holland about when president Hinckely announced the need for Preach My Gospel and teaching differenly than they had for the past decades. Its an amazing story about a missionary in Czechoslovakia and how his dedication and diligence and preparation, made him ready for the day that he would knock on someones door and give a woman the knowledge she so desired. I will leave it to you to look it up but I really just want to say how I want to work so hard and sacrifice my all and keep reminding myself of this because of those people out there who are God's children and because I absolutely love my Savior and am in debt to his mercy and love.

I challenge you all to remember a time when you felt the Spirit the strongest or the love of God either in prayer or in service or on your mission. And strive to remember why it was so perfect in that moment and how could you recreate such a wonderful experience like that. That is what I challenged the members we taught this week in TRC and that is what I am striving to do. I love you all and love, love, love just to hear your emails or even just to see you through pictures. I hope to continue to do my best!

Love you lots!

Anziano Price

P.S. The package really was great, thank you! I don't think there is anything I need right now. Love you!

 My district at the temple

 

This was when we ate a cake without utensils that Anziano Jackson got.

No comments:

Post a Comment