Monday, October 16, 2017

Car, Italians, and Normal Work



Dear Family and Friends,

It's going to be a good day. Tonight we get transfer calls and I have no idea what to expect. Anziano Perfili has his predictions, but I've learned for myself that I can never really predict where God wants me to be in the mission. I'm so happy though because we had a great week and I feel like it will just continue to get better.

First off, we finally got the car back! Yes after my stupid mistake and waiting 2 weeks, we got to work with the vehicle. We made appointments with members, were able to make it to appointments on time, and not have to wait for late buses. I love using public transportation but a car is necessary sometimes, especially here.

We had an appointment with a great family named the Sanfillipos. We enter their house hearing a two year old scream, the house in a little disorder, and the parents working on fixing up dinner while the kids were roaming the house. Families like that are amazing to me. Sorella Sanfillipo managed to make a tiramisù in less than an hour and Fratello Sanfillipo  The kids were cute, Vincenzo is a stud youth, and the parents are amazing young converts. Might I add the food was really good and we invited them to give a friend a Book of Mormon.

Actually the inspiration for that challenge came from one night we were on the Lungomare. While walking and trying to talk to some ragazzi, these three boys randomly stopped us and asked who we were. This is normal so we begin to explain and soon these ragazzi are posing questions at us that are pretty big. What's after this life? What does it mean to believe? Who's God? Are their evil spirits in the world? Why would God create evil in the world? And so we opened up the Book of Mormon and explained it all our best. It was cool and the Spirit was there, helping these 13 year old boys understand the truth. Maybe something will come out of it soon.

As for the rest, we visited the Famiglia Rochira and like always give us the most amazing food and stories. We also were able to do a fun activity with the GANS which was crazy and the rest was more finding people who seem to be interested. I love the members here dearly and what was even better was hearing Elder Ballard do a broadcast here for all of Europe. In fact, when we arrived, there were two random men who walked into the church wondering about "mass". Turns out they were interested to learn more about this church they knew from about 30 years ago and found the gate open. They promised to come back next week when church actually starts and I think they want to learn more.

Like always, it's up and down. Days where it feels like nothing is happening and then everything is happening. Days where I want to teach everyone and days where I don't feel willing and able to give it my all. But there are two things I will never deny. Food and the blessings of this mission. I want to do my best and live up to the challenge that I have been given. It's an honor to serve a mission here and I just want to change Catania as much as  it has changed me.

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price




No comments:

Post a Comment