Monday, October 9, 2017

Another Week




Dear Family and Friends,

I'm in Siracusa right now just enjoying a nice day back in my old city, living up the memories. Man, I love my mission so much! It has really built my testimony on how God has divinely designed our lives with the amazing people, tender mercies, miracles, and even challenges that make us happy and reach our potential.

Really, the whole week centered on zone conference and the persepective is definitely different when you are in charge. On Monday, my scambio with Anziano Smith got rained on and so we decided to go out anyway. It was an amazing night, even if we didn't find anyone or get the car back, because I was able to see why I was called as a zone leader specifically to help him that night. While I won't share the personal details, I was able to relate and just show love and support and it was great.

Nevertheless, the rain continued thoughout the week. And without the car, we had to do a lot of replanning in order to help our mission president move from the airport to the church, meet for a pranzo with the vescovo, do all the interviews for the missionaries, as well as organize how the missionaries can arrive safely to our apartment to stay the night (let's just say some people got soaked!). I loved seeing all the missionaries gathered together and as well as my father in the mission, Anziano Draghi(who gave me a tie), and my son in the mission, Anziano Mars(who made me an apple pie!). The hard part was cramming that many missionaries into one apartment and then getting to bed on time.

Zone Conference was great and our part of the training went well. We also had Sorella Rochira from the ward make pranzo for all the missionaries and it was soo good!  Funny story: so the car we rented to take President Pickerd home was a stick shift as well (luckily he knew how to drive). But the problem was I had to drive the car back to the rental store. Well 15 minutes later I finally figured out how to change gears again and get the car back all in one piece. :)

Really there isn't much else to report. I feel like God is blessing us even when I also feel I could be doing so much more. Our lessons have been going well, the members are great and funny and good cooks, and I have great missionaries to work with. I just want to keep doing my best. I know God has called me to this mission for a reason. I'm learning so much and it really is a blast! I know God lives and loves us and has a plan for each of us. All we have to do is ask Him and trust Him in all things.

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price



No comments:

Post a Comment