Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ricotta and Transfers!


Dear Family and Friends,

What's up? Being in Siracusa is pretty chill and relaxing still. We missed our train to go to another city so now we are hiding from the rain in a gelateria. Oh my gosh, I love gelato now! I don't now how I will ever adjust back to american ice cream again. Hopefully, I'll be able to find ricotta ice cream again after the mission. 




By the way, we get transfer calls today. What?!! Time certainly has passed by really fast because it always seems like I just got here in Siracusa. Sadly, my greenie days are gone and there might be even bigger changes ahead. You'll just have to wait until next week. ;)



First off, I have to say how awesome the members here are. They sure show their dedication as they are helping others (missionaries or other members) with their agendas and lists of things to do. We had a pranzo with the Ciccio's who have the cutest 3 year old daughter ever who's name is Nora. Also, there was the pranzo with the Zombra's which was absolutely hilarious! Sorella Zombra is one of the best cooks ever and her family is super funny to talk to. Not to mention the Conforto's who love for us to come over for dinner and are also a great help to our missionary work. I could go on and on about how these people are amazing and make the bad days much better. It's my home away from home and I would be sad to leave. 

This week was great with teaching. The difference I noticed the most was being able to feel the guidance of the Spirit with my companion. There was his one lesson especially for a less active member and her boyfriend that before we started, I could feel their was some family tension for us being there. We just decided to bear testimony of Christ as his love and the Holy Ghost just worked through us to heal their hearts and made the lesson go super well instead of the train wreck that I might have expected. Also, it was Daniele's birthday so we celebrated with him and pushed him to decide on his own baptismal date. We'll hear back from him soon hopefully. :)



I have also seen the blessings that come from prayer, from fasting, and how there really are special people to find here. We just happened to be finding near the end of the day with the sister missionaries, asked this one man "Which tie do you think looks better?" (our new introduction), and he is actually intereested in our message. That usually never happens!

The miracles in Italy are smaller but to me they are also more special. As a companionship, Anziano Moscon and I have been working hard at becoming more obedient and being our best selves so much. So when the work gets harder and trials come into our work, it can discourage you at times. The thing that is important for me is to look at the bigger picture. Christ has come and overcome the world. His message is to come unto him and he will give us rest. I have experienced the greatest peace in my life when I speak in prayer, when I study his words, and especially when I partake of his sacrifice every Sunday during the sacrament. The words that came to my mind this week is that through Christ, I can become whole! I want to tell everyone about this, and try to remind myself everyday why I am here because I want to make every day worth it. Thanks for your love and support! Continue to love the Lord and show it!

Ti voglio bene!

Anziano Price

P.S. Blood Oranges are awesome! Honestly, I want to create my own Italian panificio/garden when I get home.











No comments:

Post a Comment