Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Sandwiches, Struggles, and Miracles (Sorry couldn't think of an alliteration)


Dear Family and Friends,

Today was an awesome P-day! We got awesome sandwiches that were the best sandwiches I have ever eaten from a street shop in Ortegia (only 5 euro!), and ate them near the steps of the Duomo in Ortegia. Yeah, it was pretty darn perfect, sorry you couldn't be there. 




Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with this week. It was a great week but it always seems like a great week when you're doing missionary work ;)  No really, this week was good for me. I focused a lot more on others around me instead of stressing about myself, and slowly things started to get better. Since I can't think of anything that really stood out to me, I'll just explain what my week basically looked like (a pretty typical week).

On Tuesday, we taught our 88 year old investigtor, Concetto Russo, English and about the Book of Mormon which is always really fun. Missionaries in the past have written down translations like "Let's blow this joint" and so Concetto has some interesting vocabulary sometimes. 

Tuesday was also my first district meeting as a district leader. It definitely was a bit shaky (the chocolami helped though), but we all remembered our purpose as missionaries and felt motivated at the end to reach our goals of doing more service in our community and showing love for the members here and our investigators. I am so thankful to have such a fun, hard working district here. Definitely makes my job easier. 


I just realized how long this email would really be if I continued to write down everything that happened this week. (This is why writing emails is so hard!) In short, we taught English Courses, we visited the Marchese Panificio in hopes that the family will have time to learn about the gospel (because they are so ready for it!), and played ping pong with our investigators (mostly with Giuseppe and Vittorio) before our spiritually powerful lessons. Anziano Moscon and I cooked pasta (lots of pasta!), experimented on recipes, and also got pizzolos (they're the best!). Also, Anziano Moscon got a haircut from one of our investigators. The bad part was that it wasn't very good...so we called the sisters in to help. Even the bishop came in near the end to fix his hair. It looks great now!


I am actually really excited for what's in store this transfer. We had a really good lesson with Antonio Tito, a non member father of a really awesome member family, on the Plan of Salvation. I could feel the Spirit so strongly testifying how he could really be with his family forever if he took the step toward baptism. Also, Daniele Ferlito, the guy who took us to the mall and who has been an investigator for a while, is really reading the Book of Mormon and really desires a testimony to clear up all the doubts he has about the church. He wants to believe which is the first step. Even Vittorio has mentioned the desire for baptism to fill the hole in his heart from everything bad that has happened to him in his life. Miracles are happening here in Siracusa! 


As Anziano Moscon said to me, "the real miracle we see everyday is that we are still surviving."  For me, looking back on the week, it seems super great even though I know they were some really hard times. I really was struggling one day with the stress of trying to meet people that couldn't and doubting myself and all the normal things to stress about. I am really relying on the Lord every day, sinking my head into my pillow in prayer every morning and night despite my exhaustion.  I'm going to conquer this stress thing sooner or later with the help of the Atonement. Thank you for all your prayers and help! I know the Lord is watching over all of us because we are his children, he loves us and wants us to feel his love. In the end, I am grateful for all the miracles he provides and can't wait to keep working in his service. Hopefully, you all can see the miracles God puts in all your lives too. Ciao for now!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price





No comments:

Post a Comment