Monday, January 2, 2017

2017: My Year in Italy



Dear Family and Friends,

Transfers have come and gone, and thankfully I am still here in Siracusa. The bad news is that Anziano Anderson is apparently needed in Palermo and so our missionary duo has ended. It was really awesome to be His companion for at least one transfer because now I feel a lot more confident as a missionary and feel I have finally been fully "trained."  Which is a good thing because my new companion, Anziano Moscon (who is also very cool) is in fact a transfer behind me!  I'm follow up training Anziano Moscon and that also makes me the district leader in Siracusa!  Basically, the district is just us and the sister missionaries here, now Sorella Coz Beccera and Sorella Tacchi (she's from England AND has an accent!). And as district leader, I just ensure that missionaries here are safe, working hard, inspired, and not stressed. The change has been fast but has also been a lot easier than I expected.



For New Year's Eve, we couldn't really celebrate and in fact probably while most people would be celebrating, I was scrubbing away what seemed like black mold from our shower. Public Advisement: Keep your house clean always, or else you have to do deep cleaning days like we do in the mission field. We still celebrated with our two little confetti cannons the new year but it wasn't close to the same (especially since we went to bed at 10:30). But I love having a clean house now.


My companion is super funny. He's from Idaho Falls, just came from Messina, reminds me of Andy Samberg, and is also kinda a shy awkward kid but he's just hilarious and I can tell he will open up a lot soon. It's a pretty good thing I am a little more confident in my language abilities since I am the one leading lessons and training!  Before, I was really nervous but now I can tell we are going to have an awesome transfer!  Yesterday, we had awesome great lesson with Giorgio who has been an off and on investigator in the past, and we even challenged him to be baptized this transfer, starting the year off right.



As missionaries, we make goals constantly, at least every week. But for me personally, my goal is to make 2017 not my year, but God's year. This is one entire whole year of my life where I will be in Italy, serving members and anyone we meet. This is my time to show my faith and testimony and become an instrument in the hands of God.  Because I am everything when I am with him and he has given me so much. This is my time to show my obedience, my gratitude, my devotion. And really every year is, every week, every day we have is an opportunity to show God, "I will follow thee!"  I have faith that this will be a time in my life that I will never forget, especially here serving in Siracusa where I already love the people and I am also learning how to do missionary work a lot faster than I thought I would. Thank you for your love and prayers for me!  Make 2017 a year where Christ is at the head, where we can forget ourselves and simply go to work. Because that is when we will be the most happy!

Vi voglio BENE!

Anziano Price











No comments:

Post a Comment