Monday, November 13, 2017

Good Times




Dear Family and Friends,

What a great week! I can honestly say for the most part that I am trying my best and that of course I am genuinely enjoying my time here in Italy. And out of all places to be, it's Catania!

My love for Catania has grown and that obviously starts with the people. We spent several nights in the centro of the city and other piazzas waiting for contacts, stopping people, and I couldn't help but take all the wonder in. The small crowds of ragazzi, couples, tourists, foreigners selling goods, and the occasional homeless man. The snowcapped mount Etna in the background of a cathedrals, narrow cobblestone streets, and statues. It's amazing to really think that I am blessed to be in Italy just now to talk to people about God and having joy in this life. Literally, yesterday I spent the night asking people on a scale from 1-10 how happy they were. Maybe I should change the question because they all said they were 10s currently even though I promise you the gospel of Jesus Christ could have made them happier.

It's also been getting a lot colder, like cold enough for sweaters and coats some nights. I just can't believe it's already this time of year. One night we were sitting on a cold bench in this piazza for someone who never showed up and so to use time wisely, I spent it trying to start conversations by looking at them until they made eye contact and then trying to compliment them on something. It somewhat worked :) I'm just mosly trying to work on being more spontaneous in following the Spirit.

Being with Anziano Perfili during this time has been fun. We are teaching well, working well as zone leaders, and laughing together, although being on scambios were also great too. I should have took some pictures but had some fun and did some great work these past few days with Anziano Morrill from Ragusa and Anziano Haws who is also in Catania.

One of the most special moments was with Fratello Ghignola. He is a member that lives farther out and recently his wife passed away and we have been meaning to go see him. Finally we had this appointment that seemed like him mostly just talking about his time as a ward mission leader years ago and I didn't know if it was the best use of our time. But during our spiritual thought, I just felt that this is where we needed to be and he was the one to help. He is alone almost all the time and part of my mission was meant to help him out that night feel a little bit happier.

Nothing else to say. I'm loving it here. God is certainly blessing me with great appreciation for this city and the people in it. It was a great week and I think that really is blessing for how much more effort I put in, how much I really just tried even more to talk to everyone. I know it's true and I want to continue to let everyone here know.

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price




No comments:

Post a Comment