Monday, September 11, 2017

I'm Still Here


Dear Family and Friends,

When the moment finally came. Monday night, around 10 o'clock, Anziano Draghi called. He first actually wanted to talk to Anziano Mars which I thought was better too because I was super nervous to see what would happen because I knew I was leaving Ragusa in my heart sadly. Then, Anziano Mars handed me back the phone.

Anziano Draghi: Hey Beloved Son!
Me: Hi dad!
Anziano Draghi: I just first want to say I am proud of you. President Pickerd came in and asked me personally if I would like to give this call to you. Well, Anziano Price, do you like your zone leaders? Do you like Anziano Alexander and Anziano Perfili?
Me: Yeah, they are great!
Anziano Draghi: Well how would like to serve with one of them. Anziano Price, you have been called to serve as a zone leader in Catania and your new companion will be Anziano Perfili!!

Yah the rest was followed with shouts of absolute shock and disbelief, immediately followed by so much gratitude for the blessing God had given me and my assurance that I loved Anziano Draghi amd promised to do my best!

So yah, after spending already 7 transfers in the same zone, I am serving in Catania! It's nice that I know the city relatively well from my scambios here and I love Anziano Perfili! It's the first time in forever that I have had an older companion and I am ready to learn so much. He's from California, super focused on improving our work and service as zone leaders, and sometimes such a goofball! And perhaps the best speaker of Italian I have met on the mission (besides the native speakers of course).

So the beginning of the week was filled with goodbyes to amazing members, final lessons with investigators, walking the streets and hills of Ragusa for one last time (also catching an early sunrise), and of course, eating some pizza with my figlio in the mission, Anziano Mars. It was also sad to leave him but at least I am pretty close by haha. I feel like I keep repeating myself but I also cried in my last district meeting in Ragusa for multiple reasons, but mostly because of the feeling that I honestly felt like I did my best in Ragusa and God was happy for it! A feeling I honestly can't explain. So I left on the best note possible in my opinion.

And transfered into the craziness of being a zone leader. In short, Anziano Perfili work to train a large group of missionaries in our area to become better, and also report to our mission president the progress of all the missionary companionships. Also we help out with transfers which is why Thursday was crazy because we had to manage missionaries going to the airport, train station, and also waited for missionaries to arrive at our home at 11:30 at night because of their flight. Soo to say the least, it's a lot of work and I know I could easily stress myself out about it, but I'm focusing on making fun, fufillin, and just magnifying my calling.

Poi, early friday morning we caught a bus to the airport because news flash, President Pickerd wanted all the mission leaders to hold the council in person in Rome, so we arrived and I saw so many people that I love and have served with. Sorella Coz Becerra from Siracusa, Sorella Torres from Ragusa, Anziano Kolsen from Catania, Anziano Young, Vance, Cutler, Parkinson from the MTC, and of course , mamma mia it was amazing! It was a long training on utilizing the new proselyting tool of Facebook and in general how we can improve as a mission in our finding new investigators. I got to organize the musical number which was lots of fun (sadly I coul'nt bring my violin on the plane and play). Pretty soon, the next morning we were rushed out with sandwiches after receiving some training and caught the plane back to Catania. Oh yah, and of course I said goodbye to Anziano Draghi. This is his last transfer so I will definitely miss him after this one.

We were pretty tired to say the least, but we put our minds together, came up with a plan for our zone, and even met stopped people that night in Catania. This is the biggest city I have ever served in and I am excited to use every opportunity I can to talk to everyone. We have seen miracles already from that night.

Nel fine, I am happy. Honestly, I am kind of glad to still be here. I love Sicily and now I know Sicily really well. I know God has a plan for me and especially for me to learn from Anziano Perfili, gain confidence as a zone leader, talk to everyone, and become my best self overall. Yesterday, we were teaching a family and the friend of one of the sons, and I could just feel the Spirit testify of rhe scripture I said about seeing miracles after the trial of our faith. That friend wants to learn more now and already plans on coming to church next week. I love this mission, Italy, all my companions, and God for everything he has planned and done for me. I just love it so much! We'll see what crazy adventures happen this next week!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price




No comments:

Post a Comment