Monday, March 6, 2017

Homecoming, American Sodas, and Personal Growth


Dear Family and Friends,

What even happened this week? Basically it was a whirlwind from the beginning. Let's say taking an overnight bus was more fun than I thought but no real sleep was accomplished as we moved through the rolling hills of Calabria all the way up to Napoli early the next morning. Being back in Napoli brought back so many wonderful memories. The pizza, the crazy drivers, the fear of getting your stuff stolen (I'm kidding, nothing happened haha). Comunque, Anziano Moscon and I got to spend part of the day in Pozzuoli doing finding their with Anziano Pyper and Morrill (who's from my MTC group!) on the same Lungomare I did finding on only 4 months earlier. Crazy to think how much things have changed.



Then, after amucando ("eating" in Siciliano) one of the best pizzas ever in front of my favorite Duomo, we headed to the questura for my permesso. That will probably be one of the only times I have shoved myself in between so many people in order to get in line and get the permesso in time. Sadly, that was a moment where we couldn't be super Christlike and let people go ahead of us since everyone is fighting for the attention of  the one Italian who guards the door, holding their fates in this country in his hands. Fortunately, I got through and after some arguing, I am officially legal. We celebrated in Pozzuoli that night with all the members at their Carnevale Party (Pozzuoli is still same good old Pozzuoli) and Anziano Moscon and I shared an extremly large Pellone's pizza. That'll be a day I remember forever.



Ironically, the train on the way home was an hour late to the station. But we made good use of the time by buying American soda (I've actually started to like Dr. Pepper strangely) from an African store and playing on a piano in Napoli Central Station. It was awesome! But it was definitely time to come home to Siracusa. We made a good effort to catch up on all the days we missed and the days flew by. Roberto Vinci, one of our investigators, made us an killer homemade pizza for one of our lessons and we were also able to help the sister of Roy, a member in Catania, move in (The small italian staircases definitely make moving furniture more difficult) and it was so fun! Roy was playing some 80's music (my classic jam) and I may have listened a little bit while moving the heavy furniture. ;)



We also have been doing a lot more finding for our English Courses and improving how we approach people. Most people still turn us down but at least we can present ourselves and explain who we are now. We are going to find someone amazing any minute now, I can feel it! And even if we don't, I feel a whole let better knowing that I gave it my all and really gave everyone a chance to hear this message.

There's nothing much else to say. I hope nothing too crazy happens because I would like to just focus on the work here in Siracusa. I'm feeling great though, with a lot more faith and inner peace than before. I'm confident my Heavenly Father knows me and wants to me to grow and I should really be grateful for every experience I have here in Siracusa. I'm so grateful for Anziano Moscon too as my companion, we have spent the last couple weeks just laughing at all the craziness that has happened and all of our attempts to do our best. I really should talk more about Anziano Moscon because he's just an awesome kid, but I feel that you also just have to meet him since I can't describe him. The district is great since Sorella Ferre and Tacchi are also the best sister missionaries in the mission (sorry but it's true). I'm happy and I know it's because of this church, because of Christ and everything he has done for me! I really feel I am beginning to understand just bit more of what it means to be a disciple of Christ. Hurrah, Hurrah for Israel! Here's to another great week!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price







No comments:

Post a Comment