Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter has come! And it's awesome!


Dear Family and Friends,

Can you believe it? There's only 6 more days until Christmas! You can definitely feel it down here in Siracusa because the weather is super cold! It got super windy and has been cloudy for most of the week. Luckily, I had the time to buy a new sweater and a scarf which was definitely necessary. mostly, I waiting until the sale season that begins after New Year's Eve. 


One thing that was cool is that Giorgio, one of our investigators, happens to be a barber. And so we got our hair cut in the church. It was definitely interesting but I think he did a great job on my hair. Anziano Anderson was less than happy about it. Also, one of the sister missionaries in our district got really sick so one day we brought them fries to their apartment when they asked for it. 

Nothing really happened this week that was too interesting. We taught the Mallia Family(Vittorio, Silvia, and Giuseppe) all together finally for a lesson and it was great! We are working hard to challenge our investigators to keep their commitments because that's the only way they can really progress. We also have met a lot with Riccardo Conforto who is a more less active member, and his family and now we have become really good friends. We even had an awesome family home evening with them and also had the opportunity to teach the boyfriend of Giulia Conforto. It went super well! 

The members here are really awesome to the missionaries. We were invited to four dinners this week! For one dinner, we had hamburgers and pizza! It's a really good thing that we walk a ton here in Siracusa to balance out the huge dinners we eat. They are also really insistent on inviting the missionaries over for Christmas. I can't wait to see what the parties are going to be like. 

For me, this week was about just doing our best and enduring. The appointments that we make, usually fall through and we couldn't do much about it. So we just kept going, talking to people, passing by houses and members, and we saw miracles. We even reached our goal of 3 new investigators which is amazing!


Really, I want to bear testimony about sacrifice. During the week, I was thinking a little bit about home and being away from friends and family for Christmas. But also I continued to remind myself of all the Savior sacrificed to show us the perfect way, the way back home to our Heavenly Father, a way of happiness and peace. I am here to show people this way. And it's now my turn to sacrifice a little bit in return for the greatest sacrifice Christ has done for me. I love being in Siracusa because I know it's where I need to be right now. Thank you for your support and I hope you all have a Buon Natale!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price






No comments:

Post a Comment