Thursday, December 15, 2016

La Tempesta!


Dear Family and Friends,

This was the week of the storm! Or la tempesta in Italian. On Monday, we went to go play zone calcio in Catania which was really fun! I am really bad at it still but slowly I might improve. But on the way home, we noticed a bunch of clouds in the distance, not thinking much of it. But on Tuesday, it came. Rain was pouring so hard down the streets! It was absolutely crazy! The zone leaders came to our district meeting and got soaked! Luckily we had some towels and the storm eventually paused for them to return back to Catania.

This storm continued on and off for about 2 more days with super strong winds that kinda destroyed our umbrellas as we walked around Siracusa. It's a good thing I had my coat! So for the past few days not a lot has happened because no wants to come out in the rain usually, even though we go out anyway trying our best. We dedicated this week more to service, helping the Conforto family and becoming friends with their less active son, Riccardo. Also, we went and visited Vittorio and Giuseppe after they had a really sad experience come into their life this past Monday and by Wednesday, they were already more happy, and excited to plan for our Christmas Eve party. Vittorio thinks we bring a light into his life.

The most interesting part of the week probably had to be our adventures in Catania when we did a scambio with the Zone Leaders. Luckily by then the storm had just left so we were not rained on. I was with Anziano Chilvers and Anziano Anderson was with Anziano Ponce. Anziano Chilvers and I first tried to go to an appointment which turned into a bidone (canceled appt.) like it normally does. And then we just went out into Catania and looked for people. We actually managed to find a kid named Thomas who was pretty interested so we just taught him in the park that we were in. It was a cool experience. Also I got to see a little bit of what Catania looks like which honestly is super cool! I also ate my first cannolo!! Super good!



By the end of the week, Anziano Anderson and I were beat. I at least felt kinda ready to quit since no one of our investigators could really meet. We are also having trouble encouraging people to come to church, and in general finding new investigators. On Sunday, I poured out my feelings of stress and anxiety in a prayer during the sacrament. And I could feel the Savior's love for me, that I really could be forgiven, that things will be alright. Just keep going! You can do it!


I know I can do it because God is on my side through all things. For one thing, I don't have to worry even though I still will. The work here is great, I have an awesome companion, and I love the ward here in Siracusa! My Italian is coming along better and better and it's Christmas time! What more can I ask for? Thanks for all your support once again and keep the Christmas Spirit alive by serving those around you!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price








No comments:

Post a Comment