Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Still Adjusting


Dear Family and Friends,

What a week! The last time I think I felt this lost in where I was going or what I was doing, was back in my greenie days in good old Pozzuoli. I guess you never really get used to the feeling of changing everything you knew before and having to learn a whole new city, new missionaries, and a different ward. Luckily, Anziano Albright is showing me the ropes really well while I help him work on his Italian a little bit. Since he's only in his third transfer, he just hasn't practiced as much yet with Italian even though he is off to an amazing start with obedience, dedication, and being an great friend. (Btw, Anziano Albright is from Las Vegas, loves to rock climb and complete rubiks cubes super fast, and joined the church only 2 years ago due to great influence of his friends,) It's a great trade off and I think good things are going to happen still!

Boh, I don't know what else to write! Nothing really happened this week that was super noteworthy, just good old fashioned missionary work. No really, we even seriously tried going door to door at some points in the week with some success. I felt like the missionaries of the past going to each door (or instead sometimes through the citofono of the apartment building) with the typical replies, "No, siamo della chiesa cattolica," "No, non mi interesse." One lady just opened the door, saw our smiles, and shut the door without a word. Well there is a reason we don't really do door to door anymore in Italy.

But for the first time in my mission, we were invited into the house. We even shared our whole message of the Restoration. It wasn't super promising but it strengthened my faith that there are people ready here, ready to truly hear the message we bring. Even in good old Ragusa.

The ward is amazing and really dedicated to helping us in our work so that is really quite a blessing. I love teaching our English Group and the posters we have put up around the town I think are really working well. Since Ragusa doesn't allow you to put up posters on the poles, we have to go into stores and ask if we can put it up in their windows. Usually everyone is super nice and lets us do it. And even one day this week, we went down to Ibla (old city of Ragusa) to find the university there and spread the work about our free English group. The walk down was good but the walk all the way back up...BRUTAL! The hill definitely will still take some getting used too.


All in all, being in Ragusa and working here is still a work in progress. But I know great things can happen still! I miss Siracusa with all my heart but I know this is the place the Lord wants me to be. By the way, general conference was best this weekend and highly recommend everyone to commit to applying the principles we learned because it will be make us happier in our lives!

 Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Price




(Btw, I also finally won in bowling today! Yes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment