Monday, October 17, 2016

"See You Around the World!"




Dear Family and Friends,

I need more adjectives to describe my weeks so I don't keep saying my week was awesome! Let's say my week was joyful!

First some fun things. I am officially addicted to the tiramisu! We had it twice this week and it's so good!! Anziano Draghi and I had this one tiramisu from Lina, a sweet less active member, but we didn't know it actually had coffee in it! She proved to us that is was decaffeinated so I guess it was technically not too bad, but i also learned that I really don't like the taste of coffee (gross!). Anziano Draghi's tiramisu is much better and you make it with orzo, this replacement for coffee for Italians (basically, roasted barley). I hope I can do this recipe when I come home.

We also went to a pretty cool zoo for P-day. You could actually see the animals outside since it wasn't a hundred degrees like it normally is in Arizona. The weather in Pozzuoli continues to get more cloudy and cooler. I have even started wearing my sweater which I love.


But a lot of awesome things happened! For one, our investigator, Patrizia Esposito, is progressing already super well! She came to church this week with her husband, Mimmo, and they are so awesome! This week I have really seen how I have improved in my Italian. It still takes a lot of effort to speak but I can actually participate in the conversation a lot more! We found a new person to teach from our area book who is excited to learn from us again! We even saw Vera and Elvis again and they expressed how they want to come to church, it is just really difficult with their situation right now, so we are going to do our best to testify of the blessings of church next time.

But my favorite part was right before church this Sunday. Just watching everyone walk in and talking with them made me realize that I do love these people! They are awesome! I love talking with Evans, an African from Nigeria, about his life now in Italy. Sorella Garofalo and Sorella D'onofrio commented today that my Italian is already getting much better so that was great! Even the family who lives in Ischia, the island, came to church today! It was just nice to see everyone gather together for one purpose and I am helping others to join this wonderful group of people in Pozzuoli.

To close, I share this experience. Walking out of the train station, this random British guy who walked past us said "Oh, it's the mormons! See you around the world." It was pretty much nothing but i took it to heart. We are going around the world, sharing our message! While not a lot of people want to talk to us, they always will see us. Every train and bus we get on, I can always find a few eyes staring at our tags or our dress. It's a nice confirmation to me that I know this church is true and soon maybe everyone will know who we are.

Vi vogliamo bene!

Anziano Price
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment