Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 5?: Why We Need A Phone



Dear Family and Friends,

How's life on the other side of the world? That always blows my mind when I write emails, that the world is so big that all you guys are asleep just as my day begins. Anyway, I hope that your week was great because mine was awesome as well!


For starters, we got a phone!! Yay, finally! And it's a good thing because we kinda got lost in Napoli Central the day before. Here's the story. We needed to be in Napoli on Wednesday night because on Thursday we were going to Rome.  But since we don't have a phone we wanted to meet someone at the metro station. So we waited for the Elders in our house and they never came. So we went to Napoli, and no one was there. So we tried calling on a pay phone that could only text (weird italian thing) and also tried searching for the other Elders house because Elder Draghi "knew where it was." So after searching a while, we concluded we were lost and had no way of finding them. Then Anziano Draghi decided the only place we really know here is Pellone's Pizzeria and so luckily by 10 we were able to call the other Elders, get pizza and be rescued. It was a little scary at night but all is well and now we don't have to worry because we have a phone that works!!

On Thursday, we had Mission Conference which is basically where the Anziani and Sorelle from the entire mission (except Sicily) gathered to receive training and hear from President Pickerd and the main speaker, President Kearon who is the President of the Europe Area. He is soo awesome! He literally beams with happiness and gratitude for missionaries since he was converted by the missionaries when he was 26. He had great advice for how to reach our goal of baptism for our investigators that hopefully, I can take to heart.

And from then on the work was wonderful!  While we had no investigators come into church, we were able to help bring Vincenzo, a member who hasn't been to church in 10 years, to sacrament meeting, along with another member, Sister De Bennardo, and the La Magna family, who is awesome!  We also were able to help members a lot, like giving blessings of health to the Warner family, and helping Fratello Kennedy pack boxes that he is sending to his wife and family of 7 kids in Ghana because the work in Italy is a lot better. The people here are amazing and I love to learn their stories.






Honestly, the hardest thing about this work is the language. I have been trying really hard to speak and communicate to people in Italian and especially understand them but it's really difficult. This next upcoming week I think I will be praying the most to improve in this area of my life. And I would challenge all of you to do the same. Find something that you could improve on and set goals to make it happen.

I know that God blesses us when we work hard and ask for it. I know that God loves us and answers our prayers. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and through him, we can feel peace. I know that God speaks through a living prophet today. I hope to continue to progress and do my best! I love you all and wish you the best!

Ti vogliamo bene!

Anziano Price










No comments:

Post a Comment