Thursday, August 11, 2016

Only 3 More Days in the MTC


Dear Family and Friends,

It is crazy to think how fast time has flown! Honestly, I believe time works differently on the mission because it feels like I only got here a couple of weeks ago and now things are about to change so fast and so dynamically! I have been blessed to meet so many good friends in my district and zone and I know God planned all of this for me. These missionaries have been so fun to work with and it seems like only this week I have truly bonded and been able to have love for them as Christ would, just when it is soon time to say goodbye.

But anyway, some highlights of the week are that apparently, my closest animal look-alike is a happy walrus according to my teacher Sorella Francom, I was able to actually hold my own in basketball and score some points against the basketball players in my zone, getting a flight itinerary which means I am really going to Rome, and we got to sing in an amazing devotional taught by Elder Holland's son about the life of Joseph Smith. It largely centered around how his life was largely centered around trials and afflictions, and building our testimony on Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and really bearing that testimony because that's what we have been called to do and God blesses us for it. Also, Fast Sunday was amazing, being able to really feel the presence of the Spirit, and dwell on the importance of the Atonement.

Oh yeah, and Elder Neil L. Anderson came this week. We had an international devotional for all the MTCs around the world. It was amazing to hear from him since his words were the direct words from God giving advice to his missionaries. He said we were fulfilling a prophecy long foretold in Daniel concerning how the kingdom of God would roll out as a flood upon the Earth, and how as missionaries we are fishers and hunters of men. I especially loved that analogy in Jeremiah 16 because in Italy, we are more likely to search and search with great diligence for the one person we need to find, just like 99 sheep and Jesus finding the one. He also spoke how missionary work is not complicated (if you follow the simple formula of be worthy, be obedient, be busy), but it is not easy. He spoke of how what we need most, or at least what I need most, is to grow my flame of faith! That as missionaries we need to believe that miracles will happen on our mission, that all things are possible through the Lord and that after we do all that we can, God will help us fulfill our goals and purpose as missionaries.

These weeks in the MTC have taught me how to teach, recognize the Spirit, and learn in Italian, but most of all they have taught me what it means to be a missionary. That the most important steps are love and charity. That if we do not love those around us, our family, our friends, strangers, and even our enemies, then our work will come to little fruition because it is without the Spirit. Most of all I have seen how the Holy Ghost is necessary for teaching, testimony, and conversion. And that we can easily gain this gift by following Christ, in prayer, in fasting, and even in song. Our choir director is amazing and has testified of some amazing experiences how the song of the heart is truly a prayer unto God.

I know that God lives and loves all of us, His children. I know Jesus Christ lives and suffered for all our sins so that we can live again with our families. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, another testament of Jesus Christ, and along with the Bible, holds answers to our questions of happiness. I know Joseph Smith was called by God to restore the church that Christ had established and this church holds the fullness of the gospel. And I know Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and leads us as God would lead us. And I know you all can find the truth too, if you so desire it. I love you all, and I pray for you always, like I pray for the people in Italy, that they can find the truth.

I love serving a mission.

Le voglio bene, 

Anziano Price




No comments:

Post a Comment